Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Car Quality Testing

A couple of years ago I happened on a video on the Nissan website, where they mentioned the rigorous testing they do out in the desert, at a special facility.

The rigorous tests include rough roads, rollers to simulate shaking and road imperfections, and a very hot oven type room where they test extreme weather temperatures.

I just happened on an article today (Taking a spin at Nissan: A visit to the test track), where the author visits the Arizona test center, and provides a great narration of the work that Nissan does there, for both their Nissan and Infiniti vehicles.

I don't know about you, but I find this type of "behind the curtain" look at a major automobile manufacturer fascinating. I wish I could so easily find other mentions of other manufacturers' practices and facilities. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm not going to try ;o)

1 comment: