Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2012 Chicago Auto Show

I got the chance to go to the Chicago Auto Show on Saturday. It was packed when I got there at around 5-ish to 6-ish, but people were streaming out so it made my visit rather easy going.

I went into a lot more cars than I usually do, and lingered a little to get a good feel of how the ride and interior were. This added a fun new dimension to my visit than in years past. Of course, going by myself was easy and allowed me optimum use of my time.

I felt like luxury makers were back in the game with both feet this year, after being a little thin the last couple of years. I think TATA has done a great job with the Range Rover/Land Rover line: the models are just as luxurious even though the bodies have been tweaked a little, and still look solid and performance-oriented.

I don't like Jaguars so I took a couple of pictures of the neat hood on the XK convertible (very Aston Martin-ish) but then passed on to greener pastures. I was very interested in the Volkswagen family (Audi and VW) so I lingered there a bit.

I also lingered extensively at the Fiat 500 area. I was debating whether or not I wanted to line up for the privilege of a test drive, but finally opted not to when I made plans to meet two friends later, who happened to also be at the event that day.

If it didn't snow in Chicago and there weren't that many extra large vehicles on the roads, and the roads weren't so pothole and buckle ridden...I would buy a red Fiat 500 in a heartbeat. The Abarths drew droves of young men, and I personally couldn't get enough but was unable to squeeze through the crowd for a sit-in. I did linger inside the yellow regular model 500, and really, really liked it. It's roomy, it's clean and ergonomic, it's comfortable. It's a good vehicle.

I don't think I saw any Mini Coopers, which is possibly my fault. Were any there?

I was mostly interested in the VW family, particularly the Audi A3 and the VW Golf. I'm almost pretty kind of sure ^^; that my next vehicle, whenever that may be, will be a VW Golf automatic. Time will tell, of course.

Here's a Flickr set of the photos I took. I apologize in advance for the blurry and focus issues on the photos. I forgot to bring a lenses cleaner cloth with me and focus issues emerged due to a smudge.

I should also have brought a backup battery as mine died just as I got out of my final area, the Ford Mustang showcase. Last year's camera passed out well before, so it's a slight improvement.

 

2 comments:

  1. Faites vous plaisir en important la voiture americaine de vos reves avec nos tarifs d'importation les plus bas du marche

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for nice auto show images and info what was happen there. this is relay wonderful info!
    led light bulbs

    ReplyDelete