Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Audi A3 TDI

On a recent trip, last week, my dad and I rode around in a five-door Audi A3 TDI in Italy.

The ride is pleasant, the road grip good, and the interior basic but comfortable. The diesel chug minor if even noticeable. The heating system is rather quick. I would like a wee bit more room in the rear, for my legs, but I fit fine, and so did my uncle (who's as tall as I am but way thinner).
Photo borrowed from Audi Italia's A3 website

It was a gorgeous charcoal gray exterior and a black cloth interior. Very nice shape as it glided through intense Italian traffic at all hours of the day and night. I enjoyed catching a glimpse as we drove past mirrored surfaces ^^;

I've been intensely curious about the A3 for a couple of years. It was a great treat to be able to ride in one. I didn't get the driving honors, as my dad doesn't trust me under his Avis policy (ha!).

I got the feeling I would enjoy driving one, and that the length would be equal to or a little shorter than my Infiniti EX35. Therefore not a hassle.

Now, if only I'd get a ride in a BMW X1 sometime soon, that would be a coupe for my hatchback research. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment