Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Celebrating a Car Anniversary

When the excitement of owning a new car, or new-to-me car still exists a month or so into owning it, what's the proper way to celebrate?

I've now had my new car for about a month and I'm still very happy with the purchase. I got an economical, simple to run car which has been that and more. It's zippy which is important during traffic lane changes and when there's an odd tailgater so we can get out of their way.

I certainly enjoy letting a squee escape while I'm gassing up. My gas costs have been reduced by half. That's extra money that goes towards paying my student loan or go into my savings. Or both.

So what's a good way to celebrate your car's anniversary? A joyful smile escaping the corner of our mouth while driving is a fine way to go. Simple, but effective.

I'm thinking new all-weather mats can be a good idea, though I already have mine.

Perhaps a car deodorizer? I can still detect a little bit of that neutral, new car smell so I'll wait a little bit yet.

Maybe a car wash and free vacuuming of mats? That's more like it. Three dollars and we're spic and span.

Listening to a peppy song, while dreaming of spring a little prematurely, and singing along seem to be fine ways to celebrate as well.

Whichever way you celebrate your car or your relationship to your car, may you have many happy times together.

1 comment: